Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
Run pagespeed on our demo
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- category template
- category top posts style – each with 5 unique grid styles
- custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom sidebar
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 12 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Big Grid slide
- 8 Big Grids
- 21 Blocks
- News ticker
- Video playlist
- Text with title
- Social counter
- Ad box
- Homepage post
- Popular category
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 20 Blocks
- Text with title
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Radu O., Marius, Nicu, Alin, Luci, Alina and Emil G. from tagDiv
Version 6.7.1 – April 14th, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11.2
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 18.104.22.168
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 5.2.2
- fix: Theme Panel fixed the structure for categories that have multiple branches(subcategories with their own subcategories)
- fix: Visual Composer 4.10 – Video Player resize problem for aspect ratio 4:3 and 2.35:1
- fix: removed some old Visual Composer detection code from td_wp_booster_functions.php, it was causing an error in certain cases
- fix: improved the Visual Composer detection code inside the default page template file, it was triggered when the shortcodes didn’t have unique names(ex. Woocommerce shortcodes)
- improvement: Authors box widget/block – added user roles option, now you can set it to display only the desired role(s) – Roles and Capabilities « WordPress Codex
- other: to keep the theme size under 8MB we removed the Revolution Slider install from the Newspaper->Plugins section. You have to install it manually – How to install revolution slider v5 - tagDiv support
- other: removed unused code from “page-pagebuilder-title.php” template file
- fix: WooCommerce 2.5 compatibility + various styling issues
- improvement: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version
- improvement: Revolution slider updated to the latest version
- improvement: theme panel status now shows the loaded demo information
- improvement: footer logo title and alt attribute is now configurable from the theme panel
- improvement: faster servers that serve the files for the one click demos
- fix: homepage pagination issue with WordPress 4.4.1
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
Version 6.6.2 – December 12th, 2015
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
- new social counter version. Facebook requiers now an API key, read more here: Newspaper Theme: Social Counter Tutorial
- new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- new: filter posts by ID in blocks. You can add/exclude specific posts on all the blocks now.
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: smart list 7 and 8 – sometimes the content was doubled
- fix: g+ new icon
- misc: video playlist is now more reliable and all the code is loaded only when needed via autoload. The youtube videos information is now collected using just one API call instead of multiple API calls for each videos.
- misc: speedbooster 4.2 now supports woocommerce better and moves the style.css to the bottom
- misc: the theme panel works better now when adblock is used
- misc: all the ajax functionality of the theme is now loaded only when needed
- misc: better security checks on all the ajax requests
- misc: html is allowed now in the copyright section of the footer
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- fix: bug with the demo loader – the dinamic css for a specific demo was still loaded even after the demo was uninstall
- fix: header style 8 top submenu z-index fix
- fix: image aligment issue when using custom article paddings
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
- fix: Social counter now shows the followers instead of +1 on google plus. Please update your social counter to see the improvement.
- fix: styling issues with the latest version of BuddyPress
- fix: on rare ocassions with some plugins the theme was emitting warnings in the server logs like: “Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string”
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
Version 6.5 – September 21th, 2015
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: All the block widgets now show the name of the block and the title of the block in the WordPress widgets panel. Now it’s very easy to see what blocks you are using and where. Huge thanks to @shubhra from our forums!
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: Cars demo
- new: mobile menu colors can be changed via Theme Panel
- new: smart list 8 with dropdown list
- new: ad spot used for the Smart list 8
- new: Visual Composer was updated to the latest version. Please not that if you are using tabs, the new visual composer has a different shortcode for them and a completely new HTML structure.
- fix: smooth scroll was no longer working on chrome since 6.4. Not it works just like before.
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: smart list 4 with small content it was not clearing the content and the images where strange. Now it works as expected
- fix: it was not possible to install our wooCommerce plugins from our plugins panel due to a typo
- fix: Woordpress typo in social media panel
- fix: smart list 3 issues with H4 and other headers. It was producing invalid HTML
- fix: breadcrumbs click on post template 4 was not working
- fix: header style 8 + custom menu colors or custom backgrounds now works as expected
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: ads css we moved the align spacing from container to ads itself
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: alignment issue when disable top social on some post templates
- fix: the views from the iOS slider now hide when the site wide option to hide views is active
- fix: author mail address now autoappends mailto: if needed
- fix: inline ads work as expected now. When html content was before the first paragraph in articles, the ad was rendered inside the paragraph
- misc: added better explications in the ads panel, we fixed all the links to point to the relevant documentation and we also rewrote the documentation to be better.
- misc: block 21 is now also available as a widget. It works very well in sidebars and has a good look
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster.
Version 6.4 – August 27th, 2015
- new: smart list with pagination
- new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
- new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
- new: 2 new smart lists templates (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new ad spots used for smart lists (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new post style template (style 12, 13)
- new: demo – Travel
- new: demo – Health & Fitness
- new: footer background option in Theme Panel -> Footer
- new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
- new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
- fix: default and custom ad size not working for tablet landscape
- fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: IMPORTANT security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: block 18 css fix for large image sizes
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
[ Version 6.3.3 ] - August 18, 2015
- fixed deprecated widget constructor warning in WordPress 4.3 RC
[ Version 6.3.2 ] - July 30, 2015
- fix: the theme api code is more compact now, using just one file
- fix: the patch from 6.3 to 6.3.1 was broken. In this realease we added a patch that will bring your theme up to date from 6.3 or 6.3.1
- fix: warning showing up in logs on rare occasions when the panel was saved
- fix: the sliders load now only when the images are downloaded, up until now the slider appeared broken for a split second until the images where ready
- fix: incorrect link on live search when category tag is enable on Module MX2
[ Version 6.3.1 ] - July 28th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update visual composer to the latest version
- new: Continuing our move to a more developer friendly theme, now on all custom post types you can select the sidebar position and the sidebar on a per post basis. This is very useful to customize the layout of pages added by plugins that use Custom Post Types. Want a new sidebar with custom widgets on that custom post type? Boom! it can be done now. Ok we found that some of the plugins register custom post types and use the page template, instead of the single template, if that's the case we recommend that you take one of the single templates and rename it to single-plugins_custom_post_type.php. You can generally find the custom post type used by the plugin via our CPT panel.
- improvement: this update brings the start of a new system that will load only the required CSS. In this first step we switched the WooCommerce css to the new system and it's loaded only when it's required. With time as we make sure that the system is stable, we will move all the plugin css externally and more
- improvement:HTML is now allow on the author box on the author page
- improvement: we updated the visual composer plugin to the latest version.
- improvement: the theme panel was improved and it now supports plugins, with time we are hoping to add panels for the social counter and speedbooster plugins
- fix: all the metadata exposed by the theme was audited and we fixed all the issues found. The new Google Metadata Testing Tool was updated and it reported some missing metadata.
- fix: custom post types now load the default WordPress single.php or single-CPT.php regardless of the global single post template setting.
- fix: WooCommerce single template was not applying the correct sidebar position and sidebar from theme panel
- fix: on the pagebuilder + loop template when you selected a category the pagination was showing a warning
- fix: view all results when searching was returning a page with the two words marged instead of separated
[ Version 6.3 ] - July 15th, 2015
- new: Custom Posts Types panel - from here you can customize the single for specific custom post types. For example you can choose what taxonomy to use for breadcrumbs, the category spot and the tags spot.
- new: Custom taxonomy panel - customize the module used for listings, the sidebar position and sidebar for each taxonomy.
- new: taxonomy.php - all the taxonomy archives are handled by that file
- new: single templates that can be easily ported to custom post types by just copying them to something like single-YourCPT.php
- improvement:better child theme support. The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme
- fix: demo installer error when the uploads folder doesn't have the requiered permisions
- fix: smooth scroll was not working on chrome.
[ Version 6.2.1 ] - July 6th, 2015
- fix: incompatibility with WordPress SEO by Yoast. The title of the homepage was unchangeable via wp seo
[ Version 6.2 ] - June 22th, 2015
- fix: images are new resized properly on default and style 2 single post templates. New if you resize an image using tinyMCE, it will appear the same on the front end.
- fix: smart lists + yoast analytics incompatibility
- fix: import demos with default black headers color
- fix: unclickable breadcrumbs on Category Template Style 8
- fix: breadcrumb empty space if you hide it on post template style 3 with background
- fix: hover color on username on default wordpress comments
- fix: pull quote css fix - the quotes where appearing in the wrong order
- fix: woocommerce typography space issue
- fix: twitter embed appearance
- improvement: the theme now downloads bigger vimeo thumbnails when available
- improvement: child theme now has a version, useful for cache busting
- improvement: trending now label can now be customized with background color and text color
- improvement: add translation for 'of'
- improvement: now you can login/register to post a comment directly from the comment section
- improvement: now in Mega Menu Page support lists and WP Custom Menus
[ Version 6.1 ] - June 20th, 2015
- improvement: added global colour for block headers in General theme colors section
- improvement: now you can change the fonts on Lists in post content from Theme panel
- improvement: added .screen-reader-text class for better usability
- improvement: visual composer updated to the latest version
- improvement: better documentation + first video tutorials
- fix: UI improvements, key images now have a specified height, this prevents repaints and it makes the page appear that it loads faster
- fix: unique articles work now as expected
- fix: better review import from version 4
- fix: speed booster 4.1 works better now + buddyPress fix
- fix: big grids on iOS where missing titles until touch
- fix: block 20 css fix + speed booster
- fix: content bottom and top content ads css fix for safari, firefox and IE
- fix: various css fixes
- fix: social counter instagram
- fix: main menu z-index
- fix: missing Ajax filter option for IOS slider
- fix: visual composer single image block alignment issues
- fix: space issue when turn off the top menu on header style 12
- fix: the ajax dropdown filter sometimes disappeared when the mouse was moved down to select ca category
- fix: ajax filter - was deselecting all the selected filters from the page on click
- fix: better alignment on reviews
[ Version 6.0 ] - June 16th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: This is a major update of the theme. We recommend that you do a full backup before updating form the previous version. In the package we also ship the old version.
- new: tagDiv's WP Booster API System is the new amazing tool designed to let you customize your theme even more
- new: smart lists support was added. You have 5 built in smart lists to create multipages articles with style
- new: 12 different website headers were added. Each style comes with a logo spot which powers up your web identity, and a custom ad spot to maximize your income.
- new: 4 top bar templates (the black one) are now available. Now you can display the calendar date, an additional menu, the log in/register section and the social icons in 4 different ways.
- new: 21 fully styled content blocks were added to show regular article loops
- new: 8 posts grids (called big grids in our theme) are ready to use for highlighting the latest posts or featured ones
- new: 5 big grid styles, each with unique animation and feeling. All of the big grid styles work on each of the 8 post grids. This provides grate flexibility.
- new: 12 footer styles and a new footer info bar are now available. Customize the footer adding text, widgets or social icons and maximize your website’s impact on its audience.
- new: 16 modules that are used for displaying posts in loops.
- new: 5 new ad spots added to the theme to maximize your income. Each ad spot has one box where you can insert your ad code and the theme makes it responsive automatically.
- new: 11 post templates. We designed them paying attention to the smallest details. Now you can use a featured image or video, a custom WYSIWYG article editor and dozens of options to style your articles.
- new: thumb selection system. The new systems allows you to customize what thumbs are needed to be cut, this keeps the number of generated thumbs low and the site faster.
- new: completely rewritten slide block - We’ve rebuilt this tool that let you create the perfect page for your website.
- new: custom made parallax library. Made by us, it's optimized to perform way better than off the shelf / open source solutions.
- new: custom made lazy loading library. Coded from scratch, it's fast and works very well
- new: custom made animation stack library. This in house built library will bring a lot of cool stuff to the articles
- new: custom made pull down menu - when there is not enough space for the categories in the block, this library builts a dropdown and starts to move items there
- new: custom made smart sidebar. Again, we decided to build our own solution and integrate it with our existing code to achieve extraordinary performance and flexibility. The smart sidebar library supports multiple sidebars, menus, full ajax support in and out of the sidebar, viewport resizing and more..
- new: the 'Trending now' block allows you have a ticker on the top of the main content area of your website showing the latest posts.
- new: the translation panel was completely rebuilt and the theme comes already translated in a lot of languages. The user can also correct the translations and share them with other users of the theme.
- new: rgba color support for all the configurable colours (a lot more colours than in V4)
- new: top bar menus now support sub menus
- new: font awesome is now supported and styled to work in the main menu and in the top bar menu via a plugin (Font Awesome 4 Menus)
- new: setting to disable smooth scroll
- new: block settings added to theme panel
- new: 8 Category templates - the header of each category is fully customizable
- new: Each category can use another post grid if needed
- new: Each category can use another post grid style if needed
- new: optional category tag on almost all the modules
- new: the grid system was rebuilt and it's much more leaner
- new: .po/.mo translation support
- new: vectorial social icons
- new: welcome and support wp-admin panels
- new: plugin installer - with way better usability
- new: one click installer that actually works as expected - built from scratch, it's made to provide a starting point for your site.
- new: tinyMCE - two columns support
- new: tinyMCE - text highlighting support (with multiple colors)
- new: tinyMCE - text background color support
- new: system status page - the theme will atempt to self diagnosticate the most common problems that show up
- improvement: added arrow list style format in post editor
- improvement: the theme panel text are now much more helpfull. We took the time to explain each setting as best as we could.
- improvement: better excerpt support
- improvement: way better color selection panel
- improvement: the typography selection panel was improved a lot
- improvement: we made all the panels related to the typography / theme fonts accessible from one panel
- improvement: all the social networks that appear in the header and footer of the theme are now configured from a single panel located in the main theme panel
- improvement: the header panel was reorganized to follow a more logical order (top bar, main menu, logo etc)
- improvement: Ad box shortcode support title
- improvement: titles with big fonts now have a better readability (added letter-spacing)
- improvement: responsive go to top arrow (it doesn't cover the footer text on tablets)
- improvement: dynamic loading of blocks and modules ( ~15% lower ram usage )
- improvement: video play list is more compatible with different hosts/servers. If your video play list was not downloading the video details, please update the theme.
- improvement: when the user disables the post view, the theme will stop keeping track of them in the background -> faster loading time
- improvement: the panel loads and saves faster. The total size of the panel was reduced by ~ 40%, we load the rest via ajax
- improvement: most of the controls from the panel are now animated via css
- improvement: faster category page, the system that pulls the subcategories uses two less queries
- improvement: (metadata) all the pages from the theme pass the new google metadata validation tool
- improvement: now on category pages the theme only gets child categories for the top level ones. Otherwise it will show the siblings
- improvement: we refactor the live ajax search box, it now provides a better user experience and it's prepared for major improvements
- improvement: better paint (on screen drawing) performance on iOS
- improvement: better font loading system - it now loads by default only the selected characters
- improvement: better visual composer support (the theme supports the design tab from visual composer on rows and columns as expected: row parallax, background color on rows etc.)
- improvement: better support for ie8 and ie9 (we keep track of the css selector limit that ie8 and ie9 have)
- fix: rich snippets reviews
- fix: click on home link and on logo adds a trailing backslash as expected, preventing one redirect
- fix: disqus comments css
- fix: social sharing from Jetpack css
- fix: comments pagination bug
- fix: speed booster - font loading and speed booster font optimizations. The speed booster uses collections to load fonts now
- fix: php notice when source or via have no url
- fix: author meta data was a bit broken in google meta data testing tool
- fix: author meta data is present even when SHOW AUTHOR BOX is set to disabled in theme panel
- fix: tagDiv modal window is now translated as well (1 of 2 etc)
- fix: video playlist title encoding issue with double "
- fix: https issue on backend. TinyMCE font was loaded via HTTP
- fix: astpect ration for vimeo videos
- fix: missing translations
- fix: webmaster tools error caused by two search queries that go to the same page /search/ and ?s=
More info about Newspaper
- Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
- Custom colors, selectable for each category
- Fast loading newspaper section
- Responsive design
- Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
- Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper load. As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme for Newspaper to load extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to themeforest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of this newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.