If you have a broken link on your site and a visitor clicks on this link they will be directed to what is called a 404 Error Page. This is a standard page that will let the visitor know that the link they clicked on could not be found. We all know how annoying this page can be and it will drive traffic away. This doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does occur, it’s best to be prepared. And there’s where 404 Auto Suggestion Error Page comes in.
404 Auto Suggestion Error Page take any invalid url request and give a suggestion of a valid url, similar with Google “Did you mean” suggestion.
- Prevent traffic lost.
- Very easy and straight forward to implement.
- Support url with GET parameter (e.g. Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting | Domain.com).
- Give your visitor an automatic suggestion of similar url.
- Using Levenshtein Algorithm to create a suggestion.
- Suggested page based on valid page database.
- Valid page will be added to database automatically.
- You are able to manage any suggestions given based on incoming request.
- You can make the error page autoredirected to a valid page.
- You are able to manage any valid page in the admin panel.
- Find out which invalid url with the most traffic in the admin panel.
- Create your own 404 page and style.
- PHP 5.xx (older version may work but they have not been tested).
- mySQL 5.xx (older version may work but they have not been tested).
- Basic understanding on how to write in PHP.
Some CDN (e.g. CloudFlare) have their own error page management. You may want to disable it. Please contact your CDN provider to assist you.
version 1.0 – Feb 24, 2014
- initial release
I have created a few items in CodeCanyon that you may want to take a look:
If you have an idea for a website/plugin or you want something to be made, don’t hesitate to contact me.