Files 4 Client is a simple and elegant solution
to share your files professionally!
You would like to send files from your own webspace but the ugly default directory index is just not representative for your company? With Files 4 Client you can upload your files to folders on your FTP and the script automatically generates a well-arranged list from it that you can share with others.
This is an ideal solution for companies or freelancers who need to send their files to customers that are too big to be sent by email. With Files 4 Client you have full control over your files and offer your recipients a convenient and professional interface to deal with them.
Watch how it works! | Try the live preview | Visit Files 4 Client Pro
- Dynamically generates file lists from files in folders
- Zips all files of a folder for download if requested
- Automatically deletes old folders after a specified amount of time if wanted to save server space
- [NEW] Password protection for client links
- [NEW] Image thumbnails for maximum convenience
- [NEW] unlimited use of subdirectories within your client links
- Shows a customizable title text (e.g. company name)
- Leaves space for your logo or other image at the site title
- Available in any color, just use a color picker to define your base-color.
- Easy and comfortable in-browser setup, done in a minute!
- Minimal and elegant design that leaves room for customization
- HTML5 / CSS3 ready
- No database required
- jQuery animations
- Supported by all major browser and IE6+!
Files 4 Clients saves you a lot of time, here’s how it works:
- Upload your files into a folder inside of the scripts root directory
- In your browser, navigate to the new folder
- Send the URL to your recipients
“I have used a few versions of file download management for clients and have had issues with all of them. This one is so simple that is just works. My main issue was that most scripts are not compatible with IE 8 or older, and it seemed my clients always had old browsers. This one worked like a charm! Hours and Hours of headaches have been erased.”
“Great to finally have a script that does exactly what I’ve been needing for years!”
– Simon Barker
“First of all- THANK YOU! I have been looking for something like this for years. well done.”
“I’ve gotten some feedback on your script already from some of our vendors, and they all love it.”
Files 4 Client does not upload files, it generates a list from files that were uploaded via FTP or an equivalent upload mechanism. Please see the Files 4 Client Pro Version if you want to upload your files inside the browser! If you want different configurations for different clients, you can simply multi-install the script to different locations.
Files 4 Client is not a replacement for a directory index per se, it is a tool that helps you transfering files by displaying them in a professional way. Please do not use it as a replacement of a conventional directory index!
- Your server needs to be able to interpret and run .htaccess directives in order to run this script!
- Your server needs to have sufficient rights to modify and delete files.
- This script will not work on IIS Server Environments!
- v1.0.5 – Further bugfixing
- v1.0.4 – Bugfixes and username and password feature added
- v1.0.3 – Added ability to use subdirectories & minor tweaks and bugfixes
- v1.0.2 – Added password protection and thumbnail function & minor tweaks
- v1.0.1 – Fixed some security issues that allowed the directory listing of the script’s root folder
- v1.0.0 – Initial release