Weather Widget One – Standalone is a plugin for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world. This is PHP version of the Wordpress plugin “Weather Widget One”
- Geocode auto-complete list for cities and countries
- Responsive (* min-width 250 pixels)
- Auto Detect user location through HTML5 Geolocation
- Search location weather by US, UK, Canada Postalcode, Latitude/Longitude and city name
- 5 Days forecast with 24h forecast foreach day
- Displays temperature (F, C), wind (KPH, MPH, M/S), humidity ( % ) and rain chance ( % )
- jQuery, AJAX, cURL, JSON, Cache
- cURL or file_get_contents enabled.
- forecast.io API key (you can obtain one for free at The Dark Sky Forecast API )
- geonames.org username (you can obtain one for free at GeoNames ) NOTE: After registration enable it on your account page: http://www.geonames.org/manageaccount
- Write permission for storing weather cache data (cache files are stored in \ajax\cache folder)
- Open file wwo/example.php and follow the 2 STEPs described in the file.
- 30 April 2016
Weather API has been changed to forecast.io since the old one became paid for new users.